Saturday, September 18, 2010

Julie and Julia

I do not wish to pretend that the movie Julie and Julia does not make me want to cook at all times. But remember, this blog is for those that want to eat yummy, but healthy, and who don't have a lot of time. Take me for example. I work 40 hours a week, and don't get off work until 7pm. My husband goes to school all day, and then works evenings, and doesn't get home until 9pm or later, so we don't have a lot of time together. We are still trying to work out timing issues so that we can actually make all of the yummy food that I'm dying to try, so bear with me.

I'm currently working on selecting recipes that I can "start now" and "finish later", like making pancake batter when I am waiting for my husband to come home, and then cooking the pancakes in the morning before work. Or making waffles and then putting them in the freezer, just like Ego waffles, and then pop them into the toaster before the kids leave for school. Quick and easy, and you can make them ahead which is always the best part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment